Expectations VS Reality Of Partying In Mumbai
You know Mumbai is like that Expectations and Reality wala meme. You think you will have the time of your lives, partying with your townie friends, but in reality, you will be stuck in traffic while humidity spoils your on-point winged eye-liner game!
But hey! This is no time to give up ‘kyuki abhi toh party shuru hui hai!’
(Disclaimer: During the monsoon season, you’ll just be a few hours late to the party and might have to boat your way to the venue LOL.)
So, if you thought you’ll have the LIT-est nightlife in Mumbai, here’s what to expect.
1. Expectation: Expects to have a terrace party.
Reality: Rooftop choddo, can’t even have a house party because aunty police bula degi.
2. Expectation: Expects to be dressed as Deepika Padukone right out of Cocktail!
Reality: Ends up being Monica from friends because HUMIDITY!!
3. Expectation: Expects to make a grand entry to the party by being fashionably late.
Reality: Leaves for the party.
Gets stuck in traffic.
Cries for 50987 hours.
Reaches the party when it’s over.
4. Expectation: Expects to party with all the Bollywood stars!
Reality: Ends up partying with budget wala SRK!
5. Expectation: Expects to get invited to parties every day!
Reality: Should feel lucky if you even get invited for chai-breaks.
6. Expectation: Expects to wear high heels to the party because your outfit has to be on- point!
Reality: Ends up wearing chappals because ‘raaste mein potholes hai.’
7. Expectation: Expects to have Johnnie Walker for FREE!
Reality: Have to sell your soul to pay for a 60ml ka peg!
8. Expectation: Expects to have a lavish 5-course menu!
Reality: ‘Chips se kaam chalana padta hai’
But you know what? After all this, once you get used to it, this city will soon become your “Bom-bae!”
I know it did for me!
Party Hard and *Drink Responsibly!